Sunday, February 22, 2009

Emotions

For some reason, my emotions have been all over the planet during the past couple of weeks. Some days, especially the wonderfully sunny days that we have recently been blessed with, I feel like I am going to burst with the joy of just being alive. Other days, for no discernible reason, I struggle with a low-grade sense of sadness. It's the randomness of these moods that I find irritating. Sometimes I can make the connection between something that is either happening at work or at home. Sometimes I can't.


I've learned that during these times of fluctuating feelings it is often impossible to acurately articulate what is going on inside of me to other people. And this is frustrating. But I've also learned that there is One who already understands...even more clearly than I do. What a place of comfort and peace I enjoy when I snuggle up to the Father and simply say, "I don't get it, but You do!"


I know that He won't run out of patience with me when I am burdened by an old insecurity that has arisen once again, unsettling my thoughts. He understands the tears that flow when I'm overwhelmed by the daily grind of life. The ebb and flow of my emotions doesn't wear Him down because He knows me inside and out, for better or for worse, and He loves me just the same.


God's love. That's the emotion I need to embrace regardless of what my own fickle feelings are telling me. It never changes and neither does He!

No comments: