Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Once Was Lost But Now It's Found

My lost sock has been found! Monday morning my husband came into the living room where I was having my devotions and laughingly dangled my brown sock in front of me.

"Where was it?" I asked.

"In my shirt. It just fell out when I went to put it on," he replied.

How can that be? Like I said before, I unfolded and checked every piece of laundry that I had washed in the same load as those brown socks and I did NOT see that sock hiding in any shirt.

This little incident got me thinking about how sometimes God seems to hide certain truths from us because there is a larger plan in place. Before we can "find" those truths, we need to pursue some other things, journey to other places.

Kind of like my trip to the mall where I found such a great buy on socks. I never would have ventured out if I had found my missing sock when I first looked for it. I'd have missed that whole deal (by the way, the socks are great!). But when the time was right, my sock showed up and my peace of mind was restored.

I realize that this is a pretty silly example. But it makes me smile to think that God will teach me lessons through some of the trivial, silly things in life. I'm so glad He's willing to come down to my level in order for me know Him better. I love that about Him!

No comments: