Sunday, January 11, 2009

Missing Sock

I'm missing a sock. It's a brown one and it is really driving me crazy because I only have two pairs of brown socks. Besides, I know that I put both of the socks in the laundry room when I sorted my laundry because I took them directly off my feet and put them on the pile so they would be washed for the next day.

The thing that really bugs me is that I know it has to be some place. I even unfolded all of the other pieces of laundry that I washed in that load and shook them out just to find that darn brown sock. It wasn't there. So, where is it?

Losing that sock really put me in a bad mood! Pretty silly isn't it? After all, it is only a sock. But then nobody likes to be outsmarted by a sock, brown or any other color.

Well, I finally headed over to the mall to pick up another pair of socks thinking I might hit an after-Christmas sale. Boy, did I! One of the department stores was having a One-Day-Only sale (can you guess which one...it has a big red star on its bags) and not only were they selling socks at half price, but because of the One-Day-Only sale, it was another 50 percent off that price! So I stocked up...I got myself six pairs of nice socks (two pair of brown) for only $1.50 a pair! I guess, I should be thanking that sneeky little lost brown sock. If I had been able to find it, I wouldn't have scored big on the sock sale!!

No comments: