Saturday, October 15, 2011

Enjoy the Ride...Again

This past week I experienced two things that I love.  The first was reading a post by another blogger that really nails it for me.  The second was experiencing one of those moments that only God could have orchestrated.  And the really cool thing was that it was really all part of one amazingly encouraging experience.  Here's how it all played out.

Since I have a new position at work, I'm going to be moving to another work space in a different building eventually. So I was taking a few minutes at the end of one day to sort through files and papers that have collected over the years.  In the middle of some files I came across a copy of a post from a blog I follow. I had printed it out at home and had brought it to work to share with a friend because it had really inspired me at the time.  The interesting thing is that this post was dated August 18, 2009.  Obviously, I need to clean my desk more often...or maybe not.

You see, as I read through the post again, now over two years later, I realized that this page held the exact words that I needed to hear during this time of transition and stress in my life.  Sarah, from Life in the Parsonage had no idea when she was writing about the experiences of her life in August, 2009, that her post would speak so profoundly to me, two years later.  But God knew.

There, in an unlikely corner of my desk, I found God's words of assurance and encouragement to me, penned by a blogger friend I have never met!  I love that about blogs and I love that about Him! 

With that in mind, take a couple of minutes to read Sarah's post, Enjoy the Ride.  Because this may be the exact moment in your life that you need to read it!

3 comments:

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

I can't quite find the words to tell you how HAPPY it makes me to know God is using me. :) I read back through that post, and the funny thing is...I can't remember what was going on in my life at the time, but the lesson itself remains. And I needed it as a reminder as well.

I love how God works...and that He continually amazes me. Praying for you as you enjoy the ride.

Thank you so much for sharing your journey.

cindy holman said...

I love it when that happens. I'll read something like you - sometimes years after someone wrote it and then connect with them about it. Or someone will read something that I wrote a couple of years earlier and then comment or email me - good stuff!!

heather murdock said...

I love this! God rocks! I love it how He tucks away special moments just for us. It's amazing that He is the God of the Universe, yet gives each of us His undivided attention.:)

Thanks for sharing, great stuff!