Wednesday, July 21, 2010

A Secret No More!

Okay. Here it is. I've kept it in for a month. But it's a secret no more! I'm going to be a grandma!

My son, David, and daughter-in-law, Monika, found out on Father's Day (how appropriate!) that they were going to have their first baby. They wanted to keep it hush-hush until after the first doctor's appointment which wasn't for a few weeks.

So for the past month, I've had to keep it zipped. I'm good with secrets. Really I am. But this one just about did me in. After all, I've waited for a long time to have the title of Grandma bestowed on me by someone other than a little boy at Ross.



Now we are counting down to February. There's even the possibility that baby could share my birthday or my husband's birthday. But hopefully, the sweet little one will have its very own birthday.



With a grandbaby on the way, not to mention my daughter's wedding, I'd better look at getting a second job. Baby showers and bridal showers don't come cheap!

1 comment:

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

YAY! Congratulations. Babies...it just doesn't get any better. And from what I hear, being a grandma is maybe even better than being a mama ;)