Friday, February 12, 2010

Random Stuff

I'm getting sick. For the past four days I've been battling a sore throat. And when I woke up this morning my throat felt hot and thick. I should have just stayed home from work, but I had a few things that I needed to take care of in case this turns out to be more than just a cold. So, even though I didn't feel like it, I got ready and headed off to work.

It was still dark on my drive to the office. I had the radio on as I usually do and was flipping through the various stations. One of the DJs was introducing a YouTube video from the Bonnie Hunt show. They were about to play the audio portion. This absolutely made my morning! Watch this and you'll see what I mean.



How cute is that? I just wanted to grab little Savannah and give her a hug and a high five! Right on, you're my hero for the day! So far, so good!

I was still smiling from listening to Savannah when I noticed the license plate on the car ahead of me. It didn't really register at first. Then suddenly it dawned on me what it said. "Godis4U" Amen! What a great reminder on a Friday morning when I'm feeling pretty punk. God IS for ME! That's really all I needed to know.

I ended up leaving work early. That's very unusual for me, but I was feeling the energy drain out of me the longer I was there.

Now I have a three-day weekend ahead of me. I'm hoping that I won't end up spending the entire time in bed. But if I do, there will be plenty to watch on TV since tonight is the opening of the Vancouver Winter Olympics. We are across-the-border-neighbors to the Olympics. And every summer for the past five years, my sisters and I have spent a few days up at Whistler. It will be fun to see if I can recognize any of our favorite locations in Whistler village.

So I'm in my jammies...just like Savannah...and I'm just going to take it easy and hope for the best. And I've gotta say, "So far, so good!"

1 comment:

Elizabeth Joy said...

That is SO cute. I had to show my roomies. What an awesome little girl!